Creating the right working environment for yourself is paramount to helping you succeed. Getting rid of all that crap around you will help clear your mind of crap and enable you to focus on your task at hand! Setting yourself up for success is as easy as setting yourself up for failure, it’s up to you which one you choose!
Top 10 Tips!
Here are 10 very useful tips to get the best out of yourself, your surroundings, and most importantly, your time!
- Separate your work and personal life by creating a dedicated working space where and only where you will work and associate with work whenever there!
- Keep your workspace clean and tidy – always! Clutter on your desk creates clutter in your mind! De-clutter your desk and you will de-clutter your mind!
- Invest in decent hardware such as a laptop and printer if you haven’t already! If you can’t yet afford it, work your business to pay for it!
- Stay organised on your PC by creating files specific to your business, and stay organised in your workspace by having folders for your business!
- Be comfortable and ergonomic. Get the lighting right for you – natural light is best, get a really good computer chair, set the height of your computer desk, computer and screen, and get wrist pads for your mouse and keyboard.
- Have some plants around your workspace and home. They are good on the eye, help your mood and provide you with fresh oxygen!
- Invest in a whiteboard and/or pinboard and put up your goals and family photos around your workspace where you will see them regularly. WHY Power!
- Put up motivational slogans and quotes all around your workspace. You want to feel inspired and motivated whenever you go into that space!
- Listen to and watch whatever motivates you. Download iTunes or Spotify – it is amazing what listening to what you enjoy can do for you! I listen to personal development material such as John C. Maxwell, Darren Hardy, Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Anthony Robbins and many more!
- Be stocked up with food, drink and office supplies. This way you can concentrate on being productive and not makes excuses to go to the shops!
Let me know how you get on 🙂